Sandy Springs Youth Sports Code of Conduct
Sandy Springs Youth Sports (SSYS) is committed to offering its participants a wholesome, family friendly experience. I have read the SSYS Code of Conduct and agree to abide by it. I understand that if I violate the Code of Conduct, I may bd sugject to restrictions, up to and including the removal from the premises.
1. I agree to encourage an environment that is positive, supportive, and safe--both physically and emotionally--while participants learn the sport of football/cheerleading.
2. I agree that it is a privilege, not a right, for my child to participate with the SSYS Football and Cheerleading program.
3. I agree to encourage sportsmanship and fair play by being vocal with my encouragement and reserved with my criticism.
5. I agree to support the coaches and referees. I agree to refrain from directing any abusive or profane language toward the coaches, players, officials, or anyone associated with SSYS. I also agree to communicate any constructive criticism in a private, non-confrontational manner.
4. I agree that because children learn by example, parents, coaches, and volunteers need to model the highest level of conduct, sportsmanship, and fair play. Personal conduct at games, practices, and other team events must be beyond reproach.
6. I agree to refrain from instigating or participating in any confrontations in front of the children. Disagreements will be handled calmly and privately in the absence of the children.
7. I agree to refrain from alcohol consumption or tobacco use during practices or games.
8. Immediately following the last game of the season, I agree to promptly return, in substantially the same condition as it was originally issued to me, all property of SSYS to an SSYS Board member. Said property may include, but not be limited to, cheerleading related items, helmets, shoulder pads, game jersey, footballs, and tees.